You can use your kitchen scissors in place of a knife for the following things.
- Cutting chicken breasts, tenderloins etc. into strips or small pieces. I use frozen chicken pieces all the time. This makes it so quick and not as messy. Also works on other meats like steak, bacon, ham, hot dogs.
- Snipping your vegetables -- it works especially great for lettuce, spinach etc.
- Slicing pizza. This works best with a thin crust.
- If you have a toddler, use this to cut up all kinds of foods into smaller pieces- grapes, pasta, veggies etc. It is safer and easier than a knife.
- Snipping herbs like parsley, basil, chives, and cilantro.
- Cutting garlic into little pieces.
- Cutting dough.
So if you are scissorless in your kitchen, get a pair. You don't need a fancy pair. I got mine at either Target or Walmart for less than $10.00 and they cut great.