4.14.2010

Dinner Menu... This week.

What's for Dinner?  
  
Isn't that the dreaded question of the day? Well I am here to your rescue.  I usually plan a basic menu on Sundays (I learned from my Mom.. thanks) ..... so I thought I would help take the guess work out of planning your dinner and share mine with you. I love to try new things so most of my recipes I find online on random food blogs. When I have found a recipe online you can click right on the food title in blue writing and you will be directed to the recipe. 
If I don't have the food attached to a recipe link I will type it up for you.  I hope this helps solve some of the guess work everyday on what to eat!  I would love it if you some of your favorite recipes, links, or new ideas. 
 This Weeks Menu
(Week of April 12th-18th)

Monday

Tuesday
Wednesday-  
Spinach Stuffed Manicotti- I'll be sure to get a picture after I make it tonight.
Sauce:
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 T. olive oil
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (8 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Filling:
1 container (15-16 oz) nonfat ricotta cheese
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 T. dried Parsley flakes
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Grease 13x9 baking pan. Set aside.
Prepare manicotti according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
For sauce: In med. saucepan on med-high heat, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors and thicken sauce. Stir occasionally.
For filling: In medium bowl combine filling ingredients. Carefully fill cooked manicotti shells with mixture.
Arrange stuffed manicotti in bottom of pan. Pour tomato sauce over manicotti.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Thursday- 

Friday
Homemade Pizza- we like to mix up what kind to make.  Lots of veggies the better.  
Click here for the Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe.

Sat-  
leftovers

Sunday-  

Enjoy!  Also don't forget to have healthy side dishes--- salads, fresh fruit or veggies
& drink LOTS of Water.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway! I can already tell, I'll enjoy you're blog, just became a follower:) And I see you live in Iowa city? I live in a small town just east of there...what a small world. When us IA bloggers get together, maybe towards the end of the month or May, I can certainly let you know.

    Looks like we both had turkey burgers on the brain this week! Yum!

    ReplyDelete