How do you know what really works and what doesn't.
- Avoid Diets that Advocate:
- Magic of miracle foods
- Rapid weight loss. (>3 pounds a week)
- No Exercise involved
- Bizarre quantities of one type of food (ex: grapefruit or cottage cheese diets
- Stay Clear of Diets that have wording:
- Banish Fat
- Secret Formula
- Easy Weight Lost
- A Healthy Diet Includes:
- Lifestyle changes that can be permanent
- A variety of foods from the food guide pyramid that you enjoy. Remember you don't have to cut out anything, just limit the amounts.
- A gradual weight loss of 1-2 pounds a week.
- Regular Physical Activity.
If it sounds too good to be true...... It probably is!
Remember it all comes down to Balancing Energy In and Energy Out.
Richard Simmons was on Ellen today. He is as crazy as ever. Who knew he was ever still around. I loved the 3 things he tells us all to do for the New Year.
1. Love Yourself
2. Eat Less-- Cut down your Portions
3. Move your Buns
It is as easy as that. Thanks Richard