9.04.2009

Josephs PITA BREAD


Joseph’s Bakery Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pitas – I found these when I was living back in Boston. (I was never able to find them at any store in Utah--- but I still have hope that I will be able to find them here in Iowa City)

I had to regularly pack a lunch to school and work and these were the perfect alternative to high calorie bread sandwiches.

They contain only 60 calories, have only 8 grams of total carbs- 4 of which are fiber grams, 6 grams of protein, and contain Flax… which is an excellent source of Omega-3s. They can be used in all kinds of different ways…. Pb&J, layer with lean deli meats, lettuce, and tomatoes, or are a great snack to slice up and use in dips like pita bread. I also used them in dishes like enchiladas and fajitas! I always felt satisfied and unlike other pita breads they didn’t fall apart.

So if you are lucky enough to live in an area where they carries these healthy pita and bread alternatives be sure to try ‘em out. They also have regular tortillas and lavish bread that are equally as good and healthy! For more info and variety of products check out Joseph’s Bakery Website by clicking here.

1 comment: